RETURNS, REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
Order Cancellation Rights
The deadline for cancelling an order is before the product has started production. Norm Engineering is a JIT or ‘Just in time’ manufacturer and makes each product for each order. Each product has different lead times and therefore consumers must immediately contact Norm Engineering once the decision has been made to cancel to assess its stage of manufacture. Cancellations after that time may be treated as a “Change of Mind” return. Made to order items cannot be cancelled once signed off.
In order to exercise the right of cancellation, the consumer must inform Norm Engineering of the decision by means of a clear statement. You can inform us of your decision by:
- By sending us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling us on 07 33763177
We will reimburse the consumer for any deposits or payments no later than 30 days from the day on which Norm Engineering receive the cancellation notice prior to the attachment going into production. We will use the same means of payment as the used for the Order, and the consumer will not incur any fees for such reimbursement. Deposits cannot be returned if the product has started production in the workshop, this is to cover the costs of processing, steel and labour and full payment must be made if the order is a custom attachment and cannot be returned to stock.
Conditions for Returns
Products that have been sold may only be returned if they have met the required conditions:
- The Goods were purchased in the last 14 days
- Products must be in AS NEW condition, free damage, rust or modifications.
- They have not been used at all, once a product touches the dirt even for 5 minutes it is considered second hand. There is no tolerance, discretion or allowance for this and NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Authorisation form has been completed & returned, approval for return has been sought and given by the General Manager or Directors ONLY.
- Returns for incorrect orders at the fault of the customer will only be accepted if the product is not Customised and customer pays all freight charges.
- General Stock items being returned will carry a restocking fee.
- Parts or products supplied under warranty must be returned within 14 days of warranty notification approval.
- Under no circumstance will a return will be accepted before seeking approval.
Norm Engineering will refuse to give you a free repair, replacement or refund if:
- you simply changed your mind.
- you misused the product or service in a way that contributed to the problem.
- you asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business, or
- were unclear about what you wanted
- you were responsible for a fault
- you realised you could have got them cheaper elsewhere.
- date of expiry is over
- where the damage is to the external packaging or product packaging only
- improper assembly or modification
- improper maintenance or failure to properly care for the item
- your own improper handling or transportation of the goods
- after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items.
- If the item is unique or a custom build that has been signed off by the Customer,
- Sale items are final sale and cannot be returned
- If you’re told of the defect at the time of purchase and you still buy the product, then you’ve accepted the goods in their current condition, and they can’t be refunded due to the defect.
We reserve the right to refuse returns of any product that does not meet the above return conditions at our discretion.
To request a return, exchange or warranty issue for Parts please email: email@example.com
To request a return, exchange or warranty issue for an attachment please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
They will send you an authorisation form which will need to be approved.
You can get a refund if you paid by cash or credit, but cash refunds are only available if you paid in cash. Refunds can take up to 30 days to process (usually end of month accounts).
You are responsible for the cost and risk of returning the Goods to Norm Engineering. You should send the Goods at the following address:
We cannot be held responsible for Goods damaged or lost in return shipment. Therefore, We recommend an insured and trackable postage service. We are unable to issue a refund without actual receipt of the Goods or proof of received return delivery.
Once the return has arrived it must be identified and checked as per above, the appropriate signatories will approve and it must be added back into the relevant stock lists and refunds administered.
If the product is under warranty and being being returned for warranty assessment or has been warranty approved, Norm Engineering can arrange return of the product to its head office. If it is deemed to not be convered under warranty, then the customer will be required to pay for the repair and freight to and from the workshop.
For the item to be returned under warranty you will need to advise Norm Engineering:
- there will be someone will be there at time of collection
- the Customer has loading facilities or if a tailgate loader is needed
- how the item is palleted
Goods received without the Warranty Return Authorisation from will be held in a quarantine location and the processing of your claim held until all information has been supplied. Failure to return faulty parts under warranty along with the form may result in repair charges being incurred.
All shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, and we have arranged the return shipping for you the cost of that return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Refund processing typically takes 10 - 14 days to process after the product has arrived back at the workshop for assessment.
We do not offer exchanges for online orders. Please follow the returns process and initiate a new order with the correct product.
Where a full signature is required, authorised signatories must sign in full, with name in also printed and record date of signing.
Norm Engineering is bound by signature authorisations relating to a legal entitys assumption of contractual obligations and resulting payments or services. The authority specifies the values that certain individuals can approve and sign for. The exercise is the personal responsibility of each employee. The responsible handling of signature authorisations is a part of company culture that defines compliance and high ethical standards as the basis of all business activities.
Sales, Parts and accounts processes and decisions are documented in line with the Records Management Policy.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time by publishing the revised terms on our Website. The amended Policy will take effect from the date which is published on our Website, except in relation to orders of products prior to the effective date, in which case the previous version of the Policy will apply to those products.