NORM ENGINEERING CAREERS
Please apply to email@example.com
SPARE PARTS INTERPRETER & ADMINISTRATION
Carrum Downs, Melbourne VIC
Purpose of the Position
In this customer facing and over the phone customer service role, this individual will be finding and identifying parts for customers and providing effective solutions for the delivery to the customer. Additionally, they will ensure that all parts orders and inquiries are processed in a timely and accurate manner. This position is also responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support.
- Converse with customers to obtain accurate information and provide appropriate parts as requested in a timely manner,
- Liaise with the Workshop Foreman, Technical Support Officer, Engineering, General Manager, Directors, Office Manager or any other Key Employees to ensure knowledge of unknown parts is relayed correctly,
- Organise prompt freight, delivery or collection of customer spare part orders,
- Development & maintenance of parts catalogues,
- Assist in maintaining a repair and maintenance register for all items currently at the premises for repair,
- Maintain MYOB records that adhere to the position - Invoicing parts & ramps orders,
- Assist to provide regular flow of inventory to ensure adequate, accurate and appropriate supply and guidelines are adhered to,
- Develop & maintain warranty parts process - Assessment reports, Coordination of freight, Credit/Invoicing.
- Analyse potential customer parts needs for both our Dealer network (trade/wholesale level) and also general public (retail market),
- Receive, respond, direct and relay telephone messages, fax messages & incoming emails,
- Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence relevant to the position,
- Respond/Direct public inquiries,
- Provide word-processing and secretarial support,
- Greet, assist and/or direct customers, suppliers and visitors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The position requires you to demonstrate the following skills:
- High level of communication & interpersonal skills,
- Time Management Skills,
- Computer Skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office & navigate basics of MYOB,
- Decision Making Skills,
- Ability to read and interpret spare parts and service manuals,
- Experience in a customer service and warranties,
- Spare parts quoting,
- Extensive experience in using MS office,
- Understanding of warehousing and stock control.
Although there will be extensive training and you will have ongoing support for the above responsibilities, excellent customer service experience and a technical mind would be an advantage.
- Enjoy variety.
Benefits of working with us
- Supportive and inclusive work environment with a friendly, positive team culture,
- Training, development and career progression opportunities,
- Flexible working hours.
If you are looking for a long term role and have a willingness to learn this is the job for you!
We are excited to hear from you!
Please note that only short-listed applications will be contacted.