NORM ENGINEERING CAREERS
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrum Downs, VIC Australia
Purpose of the Position
In this customer facing role, this individual will be responsible for maintaining the operations of the Victorian sales and assisting with management of the Melbourne branch. This position is responsible for the growth of the company through identifying all business opportunities and developing and maintaining strong customer and industry relationships. Conversing with customers in regards to potential, current or previous orders, dealing with sales enquiries and ensure all functions are handled in an efficient and complete manner. This role also provides office support to handling sales customers, procedures and outstanding orders.
The position reports to the Directors and General Manger and is responsible for providing overall management of the Melbourne branch in particular technical support, sales support, facilities management, staff management, Stock control and repair supervision.
- Perform duties in order to maintain Norm Engineering Stock turn over
- Ensure team follows best practices and maintain service standards,
- Maintain and grow relationships with accounts to maximise sales and profit,
- Meet and exceed client expectations,
- Conduct site visits with existing and prospective clients,
- Generate new opportunities, proposals and follow up on quotes,
- Utilise existing contacts and relationships to generate leads & opportunities,
- Managing and developing quotes and proposals for new clients,
- Identifying and managing future business opportunities,
- Submit required reports on sales activities, competitor information and new business;
- Represent the company on at tradeshows and other events,
- Participate in marketing activities to initiate ideas and innovative sales,
- Participate in Customer Satisfaction activities and follow up on Customer Feedback if required,
- Assist Office or Junior staff with product knowledge or sales procedures,
- Maintaining Norm Engineering Targets, both individual and companywide in accordance with high level strategic plans,
- Communicate with key stakeholders across production, sales and supply chain,
- Use ERP data to ensure alignment of key inputs to enable delivery against plan,
- Monitor and report on current work in progress with Customers,
- Production data management in accordance with agreed production plans and schedule changes,
- Liaise with workshop and head office on urgent orders,
- Attending production meetings,
- Identify constraints & issues and suggest mitigation strategies,
- Be a brand ambassador and reflect company values at all times,
- Perform any other duties requested by the Sales Manager, General Manager or Directors,
- Perform other related duties as required.
The position requires adequate knowledge in the following areas:
- Technical, Trade or Engineering knowledge
- Customer Service
- Office Administration
- Earthmoving Industry
The position requires you to demonstrate the following skills:
- Time Management Skills
- Managing staff
- Computer Skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office & navigate basics of MYOB
- Decision Making Skills
- Effective Verbal & Listing Communications Skills
- Analytical & Problem solving skills
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Ability to read and interpret product & operations manuals.
Although there will be extensive training and you will have ongoing support for the above responsibilities, customer service experience and a technical mind would be an advantage.
- Honest & Trustworthy
- Sound work ethics
- Calm and organised
- Work well in fast paced environment
- Energetic & enjoy variety.
Benefits of working with us
- Supportive and inclusive work environment with a friendly, positive team culture,
- Training, development, and career progression opportunities,
- Flexible working hours.