NORM ENGINEERING CAREERS
Since 1984, Norm Engineering has designed & built earthmoving attachments for tractors, mini loaders, skid steers, track loaders, excavators, backhoes, telehandlers and tractors. As an Australian manufacturer, Norm Engineering understands the tough Aussie environment and have built our attachments to withstand its harsh conditions.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS
- Submit your application: Follow the steps to complete the online application and respond to the longer-form application questions. We encourage candidates to spend time reading our blog to get to know our company, values and products.
- Interviews and test project: Once your application has passed an internal review, you’ll receive an email or a call from the team to schedule your first interview. You may be requested to complete a weld test if applying for a Workshop position or undertake office based competencies such as entering an order or answering the phone that highlights your technical capabilities and communication skills. Once we’ve evaluated your capabilities, you may be invited to another interview with another staff member or hired straight away after your references are called.
- Decision: You’ll always hear back from us via our email address if you are successful with an official offer of placement.
- Onboarding and mentorship: Leading up to your start date, you’ll be invited to complete a safety and site induction. You will undergo equipment specific training and SWMS sign on and possibly take part in your personalised training plan. You’ll also be paired with a mentor and have the opportunity to spend time working with them in person wherever they’re located.
- Honest & Trustworthy
- Sound work ethics
- Calm and organised
- Work well in fast paced environment
- Energetic & enjoy variety.
Perks included at Norm Engineering
- Competitive salary
- Based on role, skills, education, experience and location.
- Hardware included
- A (and regularly refreshed) laptop for office work
- Tools for the job
- Safety & Personal protective equipment
- Continue your personal development
- There's individual training plans and a training budget for upskilling and career progression opportunities
- Invest in your health and wellness
- We take part in days like R U Ok day, Melbourne cup and have regular team Barbeques.
- Social Club
- Workers compensation insurance and active return to work plans to ensure your full recovery and ability to be active member of the workplace whilst under medical advice
- Fruit boxes and coffee machines in the office
- 8% attendance bonus for workshop staff if you have worked your usual 38 hours
- Flexible working hours including finishing up at lunchtime on Fridays for the Workshop
- Whist we have a big workshop, we work in small specialised teams to give our employees the autonomy and voice they need to be heard.
- Regular reviews
- Everyone receives an annual review, with any compensation updates being based on company and individual performance.
- Supportive and inclusive work environment with a friendly, positive team culture